Director: Jason Kim
Producer: Kim Jae-joong
Writer: Jason Kim
- Park Seo-joon as Park Ki-joon
- Kang Ha-neul as Kang Hee-yeol
- Go Jun as Yang-choon
- Sung Dong-il as Professor Yang Sung-il
- Park Ha-sun as Lee Joo-hee (Medusa)
- Bae Yoo-ram as Jae-ho
- Choi Hong-il as Hee-yeol’s father
- Seo Jung-yeon as Ki-joon’s mother
- Lee Jun-hyuk as Professor Ha
- Lee Ho-jung as Lee Yoon-jung
- Lee Eun-saem as Eun-sam
- Lee Se-hee as club woman Se-hee
- Byeon Woo-seok as Club entertainer
- Jung Ye-ji as Dan-yeong, Police Force Student
- Ryu Kyung-soo as Police academy conscripted policeman
- Han Seung-Yun as a cadet at police academy
- Oh Yu-Jin – runaway high school student Eun-Mi
- Jeon Geum-Han as a police uniform tailor
- Kwon Oh-Soo as control center agent 1
- Seo Ji-Won as control center agent 2
- Park Seo-joon
- Kang Ha-neul
Production Companies: Movie Rock
Country of origin: South Korea
Release Date: 9 August 2017
Distributor: Lotte Entertainment
Runtime: 109 minutes
ABOUT THE MOVIE
Park Seo-joon and Kang Ha-neul are the stars of the 2017 South Korean action comedy Midnight Runners, which was directed by Jason Kim (Kim Ju-hwan). The movie debuted on August 9, 2017. On September 16, 2022, Saakini Daakini, an Indian version, was launched.
Midnight Runners Plot
One day, around midnight, two students, Park ki-joon ( Park Seo-joon) and Kang Hee-yeol (Kang Ha-neul) of Korean National Police University, witnessed a kidnapping. They witnessed the kidnapping of a girl, Yun-Jung, when they were returning from the club. They inform about the kidnapping in the police station, but the missing person department is busy investigating the kidnapping case of the business mogul’s son.
The boys then embark on their investigation. They discover that the kidnapper’s gang is running an unfertilized egg harvesting ring. And the gang has kidnapped many other girls. They try to save the girls but instead get beaten up and locked. But somehow, they manage to escape from there.
Their professor told them not to take the case into their hands. The boys were not able to wait for officials to solve the case. And once again, they set on their investigation. This time they prepare themselves so they can catch up with the kidnappers. Both undergo physical training for this purpose and tack down the kidnappers with the help of CCTV footage. They finally reach the kidnappers and their head Yang-choon (Go Jun).
They called the police as they could not arrest all the kidnappers and rescue all the girls. The boys were under the impression that they would be expelled for their actions. But the disciplinary committee believes they have done something that holds true on moral grounds. So instead of expelling them, they are sentenced to 500 hours of community service. Yun-jung later visits them and thanks them for rescuing her.