Movie RELEASE DATE
March 11, 2002 (SXSW)
March 25, 2022 (United States)
Starring by: Michelle Yeoh, Stephanie Hsu, Key Hu Quan, Jenny Slate, Harry Hum Jr., James Hong, Jamie Lee Curtis.
Actors and their roles:
- Michelle Yeoh as Evelyn Quan Wang, a dissatisfied and overwhelmed laundromat owner.
- Stephanie Hsu as Joy Wang / Jobu Tupaki, Evelyn and Waymond’s daughter and a threat to the multiverse.
- Key Hu Quan as Waymond Wang, Evelyn’s meek and goofy husband.
- Jenny Slate as Debbie the Dog Mom / “Big Nose”, a laundromat customer.
- Harry Hum Jr. as Chad, chef working alongside Evelyn in an alternate universe.
- James Hong as Gong Gong, Evelyn’s demanding father.
- Jamie Lee Curtis as Deirdre Beaubeirdre, an IRS inspector.
- Tallie Medel as Becky Sregor
- Biff Wiff as Rick
- Aaron Lazar as TV Musical, Soldier
- Sunita Mani as TV Musical, Queen
- Brain Le as Alpha Jumper-Trophy
- Chelsey Goldsmith as Security Guard
Everything Everywhere all at once cast also includes Audrey Wasileweski and Daniel Scheinert.
Country of origin: United States
Languages: English, Mandarin
Director: Daniel Kwan, Daniel Scheinert
Producer: Joe Russo, Anthony Russo, Mike Larocca, Daniel Kwan, Daniel Scheinert, Jonathan Wang, Siavash Mirzaei.
Writer: Daniel Kwan, Daniel Scheinert
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1, 2.39:1
Runtime: 140 minutes
The official plot synopsis of the film Everything Everywhere All at Once reads:
“When an interdimensional rupture unravels reality, an unlikely hero must channel her newfound powers to fight bizarre and bewildering dangers from the multiverse as the fate of the world hangs in the balance.”
Everything Everywhere All at Once Plot revolves around Evelyn Quan Wang (Michelle Yeoh) who is a Chinese American immigrant. She runs a laundromat with her husband. The laundromat gets audited by IRS. Evelyn’s husband is trying to notify her of the divorce.
Evelyn grew up in a loving but conservative family. She fell in love with Waymond Wang (Key Hu Quan). Evelyn has always sought her father’s approval for the life she leads. But her father Gong Gong (James Hong) disapproves of her choice for Waymond. She decides to leave for America with Waymond to start a modest life. They both had a daughter, Joy.
The movie is all about a woman struggling with her business and family who suddenly finds herself in the middle of a multiverse war.
Everything Everywhere All at Once is a beautiful depiction of the cultural convergences of American and Chinese traditions. The film balances the theme of individuality, legacy, parenthood, generation trauma, generation gap, love, and empathy. The illusion of the story is to explore the depths of broken relationships.
The film grossed over $100.8 million worldwide. On the review aggregator of Rotten Tomatoes, 95% of the 330 critics’ reviews were positive, with a rating of 8.6/10. The film received many awards at Hollywood Critics Association Midseason Film Awards.
Everything Everywhere All at Once trailer was released in December 2021. The trailer reveals the character of Evelyn Quan Wang, a frazzled, but a seemingly normal wife and mother. The trailer gives a glimpse of the plot of the movie.