Alienoid RELEASE DATE
July 20, 2022
Starring by: Ryu Jun-yeol, Kim Woo-bin, Kim Tae-ri, So Ji-sub, Yum Jung-ah, Jo Woo-jin, Kim Eui-sung.
Actors and their roles:
- Ryu Jun-yeol as Mureuk, a clumsy master swordsman and Taoist who tries to acquire a new sword.
- Kim Woo-bin as Guard, a supernatural being who manages and escorts alien prisoners.
- Kim Tae-ri as Lee Ahn, a woman who shoots thunder. She travels all over the country to find the new sword while carrying a pistol.
- Choi Yu-ri as young Lee Ahn
- So Ji-sub as Moon Do-seok, a detective .
- Yum Jung-ah as Heug-seol, a mage from
- Jo Woo-jin as Cheong-woon, a mage from Samgaksan.
- Kim Eui-sung as Ja-jang, a masked man who wants the divine sword.
- Shin Jung-gem as Right King, a follower of Mureuk.
- Lee Si-hoon as Left King, a follower of Mureuk.
- Lee Hanee as Min Kae-ae, a woman who is curious about the identity of the Guard.
- Kim Hae-sook as an old woman in Goryeo
- Ji Kun-woo as Suiter, a man who appears in a modern suit in the Goryeo Dynasty.
- Yoo Jae-myung as Hyun-gam.
- Kim Dae- myung as Thunder (voice), a robot managing alien prisoners.
- Jeon Yeo-been as Hong Eon-nyeon, a woman with an alien prisoner trapped in her body.
- Shim Dal-gi as bride who is replaced by Lee Ahn.
- Kim Ki-cheon as Gae dong-i, a man who knows the location of the divine sword.
- Yoon Byung-hee as a shaman who fights against Muruk.
- Ok Ja-yeon as a doctor at Jisan Hospital
- Yoo Kyung-ho as a patient at Jisan Hospital.
Country of origin: South Korea
Director: Choi Dong-hoon
Producer: Choi Dong-hoon, Ahn Soo-Hyun
Writer: Choi Dong-hoon
Distributor: CJ E&M
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Runtime: 142 minutes
The official plot synopsis of the film “Alienoid ” reads:
“Gurus in the late Goryeo dynasty try to obtain a fabled, holy sword, and humans in 2022 hunt down an alien prisoner that is locked in a human’s body. The two parties cross paths when a time-traveling portal opens up.”
The plot of the “Alienoid” follows the two Goryeo Dynasty, gurus seeking a legendary, time-bending blade as they unexpectedly cross paths with modern-era people hunting down a dangerous alien concealed inside a human’s body.
Guard (Kim Woo-bin) is in charge of managing alien prisoners confined in human brains, and arrests prison-breakers with his robotic colleague Thunder. The two guards catch an alien escape in the 14th century. After that they return to the 21st century with a human baby of a victim of the alien criminal, causing a small crack in the time-space system.
10 years later a group of convicts from a planet is sent to Earth, and Guard imprisons them. The criminal leader breaks the human prison. Guard and the Thunder try to put the prisoners back into the mortal body. Because of the unforeseen clash between extraterrestrial forces on Earth, the portal that links the 14th and 21st centuries opened.
The movie got mixed reviews from critics. The film grossed 1 million admissions in 7 days of release. The movie was considered a failure at the box office due to high production cost which requires about 7 million admissions to cross the break-even point.
The Alienoid trailer gives an insight into how modern-era people hunt down a dangerous alien concealed inside a human’s body.